Voluntary bar leaders invade Tampa
- The 2019 Voluntary Bar Leaders Conference set sail in Tampa on July 12-13 with more than 130 voluntary bar leaders, 61 speakers and 23 sponsors contributing to the successful voyage. The Hillsborough County Bar Association had the single largest number attending from the 63 different voluntary bars that participated. Special thanks to Vivian Cortes Hodz...
A Heart for Service
- Connie Bookman is the recipient of this year’s Liberty Bell Award from the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association. Bookman was recognized for her work with Pathways for Change, a faith-based addictions treatment program she founded in 2005. PFC provides mental health counseling, case management and vocational and educational training that assures 100 percent employment upon graduation....
Sunshine in Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association welcomed Melanie S. Griffin, attorney and founder of Spread Your Sunshine, to speak at its May luncheon. She focused on building resiliency and finding joy, an important topic for Health and Wellness Month. During the luncheon, Joni A. Poitier was recognized as the 2019 Woman Lawyer of the Year.
North Tampa Bar members golf for Suicide Prevention
- North Tampa Bar Association members and past presidents Randy Reder, Paul Riffel and James Loper participated in the first annual Rob Wallace Golf Legacy Golf Classic at the Carrollwood Country Club on May 13. The Tournament raised more than $10,000 for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Tampa Bay in the name of Rob Wallace, who...
Judicial luncheon in Sarasota
- More than 20 judges, magistrates, hearing officers and judicial assistants attended the 11th annual Sarasota County Bar Association YLD Judicial Luncheon on June 21. The event offered an excellent opportunity for young lawyers to socialize in a less formal environment with the local judiciary and their assistants.
Help ensure bar exam keeps pace with changing legal profession
- Beginning Aug. 1, attorneys across the country have the opportunity to participate in the NCBE Testing Task Force 2019 practice analysis survey, which will gather data on the knowledge, skills, abilities, other characteristics, and technology newly licensed lawyers use. This survey is part of the Task Force’s three-year study to consider the content, format, timing,...
Excel Tips – Insert a Static Date or a Dynamic Date
- Insert a Static Date A static value in an Excel worksheet is one that doesn’t change when a formula or worksheet is recalculated or opened. On a worksheet, select the cell into which you want to insert the current date. To insert the current date, press Ctrl+; (semi-colon). Bonus! Need to insert the current time...
Networking in West Pasco
- Members of the West Pasco Bar Association gathered for Networking and Happy Hour at Ordinance One, on July 18 in New Port Richey. Members enjoyed the fellowship and a good chance to take advantage of The Lobster Truck!
Lawyer LIFE symposium in Walton County
- Members of the Walton County Bar Association took advantage of the CLE and networking opportunity at a symposium on June 14 in Destin. This year’s theme was The Game of Lawyer Life. Topics included a Post-Hurricane Michael discussion of its impact on the legal community, a local judge panel to discuss professionalism in the practice...
Salsa, Soul & Sass in Tampa
- Hernando Bernal Jr., President and Patricia Candamo, President-elect of the Tampa Hispanic Bar, are ready for a fun night of networking with members of the George Edgecomb Bar Association and the Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers. The three groups joined together for the annual night of Salsa, Soul & Sass on August 1 at American Social Tampa.
Thank you for visiting our website.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. We welcome new clients from the Bradenton and Sarasota, Florida areas.
About Our Firm
Since 1974 the law firm of Schofield and Spencer, P.A. has been providing legal services to
their valued clients. They practice in a broad range of legal areas, such as estate planning and administration,
elder care law, real estate and business law..
If you should care to retain the law firm of Schofield and Spencer, P.A., kindly refer to the link below for further instruction on how to become one of their clients.