Essential Zoom Use Tip: Mute
- Working remotely has taken the video conference to a new level in the legal field. Zoom has now become the most popular way to connect with co-workers and clients alike. However, not everyone is used to being “on camera” or having “live” audio, so here is an essential tip to follow when you are either...
Everybody will be able to jump in
- Plans for the 2020 Voluntary Bar Leaders Conference are continuing and the program is being finalized. With the stay at home orders and self-distancing in full effect now, voluntary bar leaders will be more than ready to travel to Orlando and engage with other bar leaders in July. All things VBLC 2020 can be found...
Scholarship covers cost of VBLC registration
- The application deadline for a Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division (YLD) scholarship to attend the Voluntary Bar Leaders Conference has been extended to May 15. As many as 15 registration scholarships are being offered for the conference, to be held July 10-11 at Margaritaville Resort Orlando. Scholarships will be awarded by May 31, with priority...
Find Timely Resources on LegalFuel
- Whether or not you were using LegalFuel: The Practice Resource Center of The Florida Bar before the coronavirus emergency, it’s definitely imperative to now get familiar with all the resources and assistance the site offers. Spend a few mins looking around at LegalFuel.com — then please reach out for help if you need it. LegalFuel...
Board approves the creation of a mental-health helpline
- Florida Bar members will get free access to a confidential, 24-hour mental health helpline, possibly this summer, under a contract approved March 20 by The Florida Executive Committee. The Executive Committee met via conference call to consider a host of agenda items from a Board of Governors meeting that was cancelled in the wake of...
Diversity Grants Application Deadline Extended
- The deadline to apply for Voluntary Bar Leadership Diversity Grants has been extended to May 29, 2020. Applications must be submitted by email and received before that day. A total of $50,000 is available to award to Voluntary Bar Associations with individual grants up to $1,500 and up to $3,000 to multiple Voluntary Bars working together...
Tanner to become President-elect in June
- Attorney Mike Tanner of Jacksonville has been elected president-elect designate of The Florida Bar. Tanner won over fellow Board of Governors member Renee Thompson, receiving 8,647 votes to Thompson’s 8,558. Tanner will become president-elect in June 2020 when Dori Foster-Morales of Miami is installed as president.
Judicial Staff Recognized in Palm Beach County
- The Palm Beach County Florida Association for Women Lawyers recognized judicial staff for their hard work on March 10 in West Palm Beach. The Judicial Personnel Appreciation Lunch brought together judges, judicial staff and courtroom deputies for a time to say “job well done.”
Supporting each other in Dade
- The Caribbean Bar Association was a proud co-sponsor of the Dade County Bar Association Annual Bench & Bar. A full day of panels, presentations, and pertinent information gave CBA members and other the opportunity to take advantage of a voluntary bar networking and educational opportunity.
Luncheon is Time for Celebration
- On Feb. 28, the F. Malcolm Cunningham Bar Association held the 19th Annual William Holland Luncheon. This year’s event honored the career of Judge Cunningham. Members were inspired by the words of voting rights/civil rights leaders Nancy Abudu and Desmond Meade, Executive Director of the Florida Rights Restoration Coalition. Many members, guests and sponsors attributed to...
Thank you for visiting our website.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. We welcome new clients from the Bradenton and Sarasota, Florida areas.
About Our Firm
Since 1974 the law firm of Schofield and Spencer, P.A. has been providing legal services to
their valued clients. They practice in a broad range of legal areas, such as estate planning and administration,
elder care law, real estate and business law..
If you should care to retain the law firm of Schofield and Spencer, P.A., kindly refer to the link below for further instruction on how to become one of their clients.