Supreme Court: Jurisdiction Established by Florida Constitution, Not by Federal Law
- Today’s Daily News Summary features the following Florida Bar News stories: SUPREME COURT REMINDS APPELLANTS OF ITS LIMITED JURISDICTION The Florida Supreme Court has limited jurisdiction and cannot hear an appeal merely because a party is unhappy with a lower court ruling. That’s the unanimous opinion of the court, which recently dismissed an appeal it had...
RECENT BAR NEWS: Board to Make Appointments at December Meeting
- BOARD TO MAKE APPOINTMENTS IN DECEMBER The Board of Governors is seeking applicants applicants to fill vacancies on the Florida Realtor-Attorney Joint Committee, Florida Rural Legal Services, and the Eleventh Circuit Judicial Conference. Completed applications must be received no later than the close of business on Friday, October 25 and appointments will be made at the...
WANT TO SERVE ON A JUDICIAL NOMINATING COMMISSION?
- Judicial Nominating Commissions: One lawyer vacancy for each of the 26 JNCs. The Florida Bar has the opportunity to nominate three lawyers for each Judicial Nominating Commission to the governor for his appointment. Each appointee will serve a four-year term, commencing July 1, 2020. Download the Judicial Nominating Commission application from the Bar’s website, www.floridabar.org,...
THE PRACTICE AND PROCESS OF LAW: CHECKLISTS FOR EVERY OCCASION
- Most lawyers, whether they are conscious about it or not, have mental checklists they follow whether it’s getting ready for a hearing, mediation of trial. They follow certain procedures when interviewing a witness, drafting a pleading or negotiating a settlement. Most of the practice is a process, and by shifting the paradigm from art and...
YLD SEEKING VOLUNTEERS FOR HURRICANE ASSISTANCE; FLORIDA BAR WEBSITE OFFERS RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR HURRICANE PREP
- The Young Lawyers Division has sent an email to all of its members seeking volunteers to assist Floridians who may be impacted by Hurricane Dorian. Florida Bar President John Stewart also reminds members that The Florida Bar has an entire web page of resources and tips dedicated to hurricane prep, both for lawyers and the...
STETSON’S CENTER FOR EXCELLENCE IN ELDER LAW NOW HOSTS WINGS GUARDIANSHIP COLLABORATION
- Stetson University, a stakeholder in WINGS ( Working Interdisciplinary Network of Guardianship Stakeholders) from its inception in 2017, will coordinate meetings of WINGS, host its website, and manage the work of the program through the Center for Excellence in Elder Law and its faculty, including Professors Rebecca Morgan and Roberta Flowers. See the full Florida Bar...
FLORIDA BAR OPENS NOMINATIONS FOR PRO BONO SERVICE AWARDS
- The Florida Bar is seeking nominations for the annual pro bono service awards, which honor lawyers, judges, law firms and associations that have contributed extraordinary pro bono service. The deadline for most nominations is Oct. 24. The 2020 pro bono service awards ceremony will be held at the Florida Supreme Court at 3:30 p.m., Thursday,...
ONLINE CAREER COUNSELING AVAILABLE
- David Behrend, M.ED., director of Career Planning Services for Lawyers in Ardmore, Pennsylvania, and Judith Rushlow, executive director of Florida Lawyers Assistance, will offer a free career counseling program for lawyers via computer or telephone from the privacy of your home or office. The next session is on Wednesday, Oct. 16, at 12 p.m. See...
RECENT BAR NEWS: Free Online Career Counseling, Florida Bar History, and More
- The Daily News Summary features Florida Bar News stories on appointments to the Florida Women’s Suffrage Centennial Commission, a free career counseling program, and a project documenting the history of The Florida Bar. GOVERNOR APPOINTS 11 TO FLORIDA WOMEN’S SUFFRAGE CENTENNIAL COMMISSION Gov. Ron DeSantis recently appointed Lt. Gov. Jeanette Núñez as chair of the Florida...
LOW-INCOME FLORIDA VETERANS NOW HAVE ACCESS TO STATEWIDE LEGAL HELPLINE
- The Florida Legislature approved $500,000 to staff and launch a statewide Veterans Legal Helpline Project. The Florida Department of Veterans Affairs has partnered with Bay Area Legal Services to lead the initiative, which is now underway. Veterans can now reach the helpline at 1-866-486-6161. For more information about Bay Area Legal Services, visit bals.org. See the...
Thank you for visiting our website.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. We welcome new clients from the Bradenton and Sarasota, Florida areas.
About Our Firm
Since 1974 the law firm of Schofield and Spencer, P.A. has been providing legal services to
their valued clients. They practice in a broad range of legal areas, such as estate planning and administration,
elder care law, real estate and business law..
If you should care to retain the law firm of Schofield and Spencer, P.A., kindly refer to the link below for further instruction on how to become one of their clients.