Your Elderly Loved-One Needs An Apple Watch
- The latest Apple Watch – known as the Series 4 – enhances existing, and introduces new features geared toward monitoring health and wellness. It can monitor stress, steps, calories, heart-rates and even falls! Yes, you heard me, the new Series 4 comes with a smart “fall detection” sensor. Here are some key features to know...
Let’s Break the Stigma Surrounding Mental Illness #StigmaFreeYLD
- Now more than ever, attorneys are facing challenges with stress, anxiety, and mental illness – and this struggle all too often results in substance abuse, depression, or even suicide. To make matters worse, attorneys feel like they are unable to talk about mental illness as it will be seen as a sign of weakness. This...
FBBE WILL PAY FOR REQUIRED MENTAL HEALTH, SUBSTANCE ABUSE EVALUATIONS
- Applicants to The Florida Bar who are asked to have an evaluation for potential mental health or substance abuse problems will have that evaluation paid for by the Florida Board of Bar Examiners, under a new policy adopted effective March 21. According to a FBBE press release, the new policy continues the Bar Examiners’ policies...
YLD TAKES A HARD LOOK AT LAW SCHOOL DEBT
- With a new survey showing young lawyers facing mountains of debt, the Young Lawyers Division is working to convince law schools to disclose more data and make financial aid counseling a higher priority. The survey results are prompting The Florida Bar YLD, the Iowa Bar YLD, and the ABA Task Force on the Financing of...
SCAM ALERT: CALLER OFFERS TO ‘HELP’ LAWYER WITH NONEXISTENT BAR COMPLAINT
- The Bar Ethics Hotline received a call from a member March 22 to alert the Bar to a potential swindle. The attorney had received a call from someone saying Bar complaints had been filed against him and the caller could help resolve the matter. Rest assured, if a complaint has been filed against you with...
BENCHMARKS: CIVICS EDUCATION FOR ADULTS
- Benchmarks: Raising the Bar on Civics Education offers attorneys presentations they can use when they are invited to speak to adult civic and community groups. Increasing public awareness of how the government and courts work is a critical mission for The Florida Bar. An informed public is the best defense of the rule of law and a...
APRIL’S MONTHLY SPEAKING TIP
- Smile One way to instantly relax is to smile—even if you don’t feel like it. Research reported by NBC News shows smiling can boost your mood and lower stress. Smiling can also make the audience more receptive to you. Psychology Todayreports that smiling makes people appear more attractive to others. If your speech isn’t completely solemn or serious, try...
RPPTL SECTION EXTENDS DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR ITS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
- The deadline for the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section Fellowship Program has been extended. Applications will be accepted until May 10. The fellowship program is open to all lawyers who are members of the RPPTL Section and have been admitted to the Bar for fewer than 12 years or are younger than 38...
LAW DAY IS COMING IN MAY!
- Law Day is held May 1 every year to celebrate the role of law in our society and to cultivate a deeper understanding of the legal profession. The American Bar Association promotes this annual event, which this year will focus on Freedom of speech and the press. To celebrate Law Day, some local bar associations hold luncheons,...
OPEN SPEAKING OPPORTUNITIES AT SEVERAL VENUES
- Date City Audience Topic June 25, 6 p.m. Lake Park Library members Benchmarks/Voting Rights July 5, 2:30 p.m. Jupiter Library members Revocable Trusts July 20, 8:30a.m. Kissimmee Attorneys/Legal Assistants Admiralty and Maritime Law July 20, 10:30 a.m. Kissimmee Attorneys/Legal Assistants Substance Abuse Aug. 24, 9 a.m. University Park Paralegals Immigration and Naturalization Nov. 14, noon...
Thank you for visiting our website.
The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. We welcome new clients from the Bradenton and Sarasota, Florida areas.
About Our Firm
Since 1974 the law firm of Schofield and Spencer, P.A. has been providing legal services to
their valued clients. They practice in a broad range of legal areas, such as estate planning and administration,
elder care law, real estate and business law..
If you should care to retain the law firm of Schofield and Spencer, P.A., kindly refer to the link below for further instruction on how to become one of their clients.